what are the association requirements for fields_for

what are the association requirements for fields_for

fugee ohu
I want to create rows in one model from a form for another where associations aren't as simple as the fields_for model belonging to the main model of the form
In my case, I wanna add rows to :user_venue where the main form is for :tour_dates
tour_dates belong to tours, which belong to artists, which belong to users
user_venues belong to artists also but only where the artist user_id is the current_user