sitemap route, controller and view not xml response

sitemap route, controller and view not xml response

fugee ohu
I wrote a sitemap controller and view but my index.xml.builder file is actually an html response not xml because that what google's site says I did a lot of searching but all the examples I find are how to render a resource as xml from a controller action but I'm trying to use an action/view pair "index"

sitemap_controller.rb:
xml.instruct!
xml.urlset(:xmlns => "http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9",
           "xmlns:xsi"=> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance",
            "xsi:schemaLocation"=>"http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9 http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/sitemap.xsd") do
  # whatever logic your app has, e.g. static pages:
  @people.each do |person|
    xml.url do
      xml.loc person_url(person)
      xml.lastmod page.updated_at.to_date.to_s(:db)
      xml.changefreq "monthly"
      xml.priority 0.3

index.xml.builder: