rubymine 2.4.1

Joe Guerra
I just installed a new version of ruby (2.4.1) using rbenv.

I have 2.3.1 installed as well.  I've downloaded some source code that requires 2.4.1, and can't seem to figure out how to switch ruby versions in the IDE (for that product).

Any suggestions?

Re: rubymine 2.4.1

Joe Guerra
Ok, I figured it out.  I installed ruby 2.4.1 , but forgot to install rails for it.  lol.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:04:21 PM UTC-4, Joe Guerra wrote:
I just installed a new version of ruby (2.4.1) using rbenv.

I have 2.3.1 installed as well.  I've downloaded some source code that requires 2.4.1, and can't seem to figure out how to switch ruby versions in the IDE (for that product).

Any suggestions?

Re: rubymine 2.4.1

Joe Guerra
Lol, now I've got to get rails installed for that version.

My default version is still 2.3.1.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:08:44 PM UTC-4, Joe Guerra wrote:
Ok, I figured it out.  I installed ruby 2.4.1 , but forgot to install rails for it.  lol.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:04:21 PM UTC-4, Joe Guerra wrote:
I just installed a new version of ruby (2.4.1) using rbenv.

I have 2.3.1 installed as well.  I've downloaded some source code that requires 2.4.1, and can't seem to figure out how to switch ruby versions in the IDE (for that product).

Any suggestions?

Re: rubymine 2.4.1

Kobes
Generally, while using rbenv, you can set the global ruby version you want to use through
rbenv global [2.4.1]

But that would set the ruby version for whenever a local version is not set. When you invoke
rbenv local [2.4.1]
you set a specific version for the project you are working in (actually it simply creates a .ruby-version file with the version number in it.

My guess would be that Rubymine would also pick that up (I don't have ruby mine), as I can only expect it to open up an environment that is based on your other settings, but this is something you might want to verify though.
Where to find that? Well, this might get you started: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/ruby/rbenv-support.html

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 01:40:25 UTC+2, Joe Guerra wrote:
Lol, now I've got to get rails installed for that version.

My default version is still 2.3.1.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:08:44 PM UTC-4, Joe Guerra wrote:
Ok, I figured it out.  I installed ruby 2.4.1 , but forgot to install rails for it.  lol.

On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 7:04:21 PM UTC-4, Joe Guerra wrote:
I just installed a new version of ruby (2.4.1) using rbenv.

I have 2.3.1 installed as well.  I've downloaded some source code that requires 2.4.1, and can't seem to figure out how to switch ruby versions in the IDE (for that product).

Any suggestions?

Re: rubymine 2.4.1

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt
http://www.jasonfleetwoodboldt.com/writing/2014/10/14/how-to-install-an-older-version-of-rails/