respond.json{ ... } with just a notice and leave page unchanged

respond.json{ ... } with just a notice and leave page unchanged

fugee ohu
Hi I wanna respond.json { ... } with just a notice that says 'You already flagged this post' and leave the page unchanged Beyond that I'd also like to know how to render whatever html partial into the calling element I wanna render Thanks in advance