respond.json { render partial: ...

fugee ohu
I'm trying to render an html partial with repsond.json I dunno if that's what I really need to do It's for a flag link and collects the users remote_ip then if they try to flag again I wanna display a notice 'You already flagged this post' and re-fill the div with the flag link again Thanks in advance