paypal express checkout integration with using any paypal gem

paypal express checkout integration with using any paypal gem

fugee ohu
I'm trying to create a controller action for this script's 'payment' function I don't understand these 2 lines of code below (before the entire block) return res.token is gonna be seen in my controller as params what?
return paypal.request.post(SETEC_URL).then(function(res)
return res.token;
paypal.Button.render({
    payment: function() {
        var SETEC_URL = 'https://mystore.com/api/paypal/set-express-checkout';

        return paypal.request.post(SETEC_URL).then(function(res) {
            return res.token;
        });
    }
}, '#paypal-button-container');