how can i convert a locale file to another language

how can i convert a locale file to another language

fugee ohu
All my keys have underscores if not in snake case then at the end  When I copy a file using google translate the colons, quotation marks and white spaces are all invalid yml cause they're not text, they're utf8 Anyone know another translator to use?

Re: how can i convert a locale file to another language

Hassan Schroeder-2
On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:19 AM, fugee ohu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All my keys have underscores if not in snake case then at the end  When I
> copy a file using google translate the colons, quotation marks and white
> spaces are all invalid yml cause they're not text, they're utf8 Anyone know
> another translator to use?

It would be a pretty sad "internationalization" system that didn't allow
UTF-8 characters, so -- spoiler alert -- there's no problem with UTF-8
in YAML locale files.

Maybe you can explain exactly what issue you're having, with sample
code?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:19 AM, fugee ohu <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XXJRnWRaBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">fuge...@...> wrote:

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="XXJRnWRaBgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">hassan.s...@...

The keys aren't supposed to be utf8 I meant the whole yaml file It doesn't work in google translate, the keys get converted to utf8 along with white space and quotes My question is exactly what I asked

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:14 AM, fugee ohu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The keys aren't supposed to be utf8 I meant the whole yaml file It doesn't
> work in google translate, the keys get converted to utf8 along with white
> space and quotes My question is exactly what I asked

I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean.

YAML keys can be UTF8.

Any google-translate-provided strings that I've tried work in locale files.

If you can't provide something to demonstrate the actual "problem",
then  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯