doubt in changing the path for attached file

doubt in changing the path for attached file

Bala1225
 hi i am having a doubt in changing the path for attached file i.e..,for uploading photos and files ..by default the path is  ":rails_root/public/system/" and i want to change the path as ~/apps/Blog/data/attached/

BLOG refers to my project app name

after making the changes the image or file i saving but it is not displaying in the browser

can any one help me out in  writing the correct PATH and URL

these are modified Path and Url

has_attached :photo,
path:  ~/apps/Blog/data/attached/:attachment/:id/:style/:filename",
url: /~/apps/Blog/data/attached/:attachment/:id/:style/:filename"

          thanks in advance who ever help me