Where to meet the Rails community?

RubyOnRails Users mailing list-2
Hello folks,

my name is Elmar and I am evaluating Rails as an alternative field beside TYPO3.

 I find a few postings per day.  Is that all? Can't be! Is Rails dead?

Where to get in contact with the people? Where to find out how the community works? Where to find the infrastructure of Rails beyond Git?

Is there a Slack channel? Where to find, how to load and how to contribute user contributed modules. They are Gems I expect.

Thank you for advice

Elmar

Re: Where to meet the Rails community?

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM, 'Elmar Hinz' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I find a few postings per day.  Is that all? Can't be! Is Rails dead?

Not at all. But it's a fairly mature platform, and the web is pretty
flush with tutorials, blog posts, stackoverflow answers, so...

> Where to get in contact with the people? Where to find out how the community
> works? Where to find the infrastructure of Rails beyond Git?

If you have specific questions, ask. I'm not sure I understand that
last sentence TBH.

> Is there a Slack channel? Where to find, how to load and how to contribute
> user contributed modules. They are Gems I expect.

I'm not aware of a Rails-specific Slack. But as above, it's pretty easy
to find info online about using or creating Gems.

Re: Where to meet the Rails community?

Frederick Cheung-2
On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 2:21:55 AM UTC+1, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 1:14 AM, 'Elmar Hinz' via Ruby on Rails: Talk
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >  I find a few postings per day.  Is that all? Can't be! Is Rails dead?
>
> Not at all. But it's a fairly mature platform, and the web is pretty
> flush with tutorials, blog posts, stackoverflow answers, so...

Q&A activity has definitely shifted to stack overflow pretty majorly. .

Fred

> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [hidden email]
> twitter: @hassan
> Consulting Availability : Silicon Valley or remote

Re: Where to meet the Rails community?

nynhex
Also another very active community is that of gorails.com. A great screencast site with a dedicated slack channel with thousands of users. All very friendly and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone