What should be my FAYE_URL value for Rails chat application?

What should be my FAYE_URL value for Rails chat application?

Malav Desai

I am trying to make a Chat web application based on Rails using "private_pub" gem which works perfectly on my localhost server. Now my site is hosted on DigitalOcean and i want to push chat code on the server to see how real-time chat app will work.

This is my private_pub.yml file

development:
 server: "http://localhost:9292/faye"
 secret_token: "secret"
test:
 server: "http://localhost:9292/faye"
 secret_token: "secret"
staging:
 server: <%= ENV["FAYE_URL"] %>
 secret_token:"secret_key"
 signature_expiration: 3600 # one hour
production:
 server: <%= ENV["FAYE_URL"] %>
 secret_token: "secret_key"
 signature_expiration: 3600 # one hour

My question is What should i have to do to make it work on any Linux server ( Here Digital Ocean for me). I am using Nginx server on DigitalOcean.

What should be the value for FAYE_URL in private_pub.yml file?

rackup private_pub.ru -s thin -E production

Do i have to run rack command on my server terminal? Or is there any other way to host Faye on a different server then?

Re: What should be my FAYE_URL value for Rails chat application?

T.J. Schuck
This mailing list (rubyonrails-core) is intended for discussion about development of the framework itself, not usage of it.

For support issues or usage questions like this one that are not issues with Rails itself, please post to the rubyonrails-talk mailing list (http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk) or somewhere like StackOverflow using the `ruby-on-rails` tag (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ruby-on-rails).  You can also drop in to the #rubyonrails channel on irc.freenode.net for realtime help.  You'll be more likely to get a quick answer using one of those options.