Want test case in rspec

a-iparikh
I want test case in rspec for:
@drugs = Drug.where('drug_category_id = ?', params[:id])
has anybody solution for it?

Re: Want test case in rspec

David Chelimsky-2
On Oct 21, 2010, at 1:35 AM, a-iparikh wrote:

> I want test case in rspec for:
> @drugs = Drug.where('drug_category_id = ?', params[:id])
> has anybody solution for it?

Please use the rspec-users mailing list for usage questions (I CC'd rspec-devel to make sure you'd get this).

You haven't provided much information here. You're asking how to test a line of code, but what we want to do is specify behaviour of objects at a higher level than that. I'm guessing that this is a controller in a Rails 3 app. Can you tell us which controller this is (DrugsController, DrugCategoriesController, DrugUsersController, etc), what action this is, and what you expect this action to do?

Re: Want test case in rspec

a-iparikh
Hi David,

Thanks for your interest. It's a DrugsController.
This line of code is of index action in controller. I have taken "@drugs" object. I want to show drugs of selected drug_category on the index page.

I am new to rspec so couldn't write spec for it or found on web.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanking You,
Ishit Parikh

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:23 PM, David Chelimsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Oct 21, 2010, at 1:35 AM, a-iparikh wrote:

> I want test case in rspec for:
> @drugs = Drug.where('drug_category_id = ?', params[:id])
> has anybody solution for it?

Please use the rspec-users mailing list for usage questions (I CC'd rspec-devel to make sure you'd get this).

You haven't provided much information here. You're asking how to test a line of code, but what we want to do is specify behaviour of objects at a higher level than that. I'm guessing that this is a controller in a Rails 3 app. Can you tell us which controller this is (DrugsController, DrugCategoriesController, DrugUsersController, etc), what action this is, and what you expect this action to do?

Re: Want test case in rspec

a-iparikh
Hi David,

Thanks for your interest. It's a DrugsController.
This line of code is of index action in controller. I have taken "@drugs" object. I want to show drugs of selected drug_category on the index page.

I am new to rspec so couldn't write spec for it or found on web.

David Chelimsky-2 wrote