Using JRuby to Compare Version Behavior

keithrbennett
All -

Although I haven't been using JRuby much recently, I've found that in the absence of a native 1.8 install, JRuby is *really* handy for comparing 1.8 and 1.9 behaviors. I just needed to do this for a gem that uses colons in case statements, which is no longer permitted as of 1.9:

I just wanted to point this out because it's a use of JRuby that may not be readily apparent.

[Bow to Charlie, Tom, ...]...of course, this is just a microscopic fragment of the value of JRuby. ;)

- Keith