Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

Nerdture
Is there a workaround to configure a specific attachment to use a different bucket?

I see with this PR that you can provide a different service, but I am not seeing anything that allows for different buckets to be passed.

My use case is that in my app I am processing files that will be used within the app (and shouldn't be accessible publicly), but also generating images that need to be shared outside the app (public).  I want to store the private files in one bucket and the public images in a separate, aws cloudfront connected bucket.

Even when the pull request gets fully released, I don't know it will support my use case.

Is there a recommended way of storing files in two different buckets on the same service?

Re: Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

George Claghorn-2
Even when the pull request gets fully released, I don't know it will support my use case.

It will. In 6.1, you’ll be able to configure two services that use the same service adapter (S3) and different buckets. Then you can specify which one to use on a per-attachment basis.

Re: Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

Nerdture
It will. In 6.1, you’ll be able to configure two services that use the same service adapter (S3) and different buckets.

Great news!  Thanks for your insight!

Re: Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

Tom Rossi
Will there be a solution for "public" buckets? So you don't even need the pre-signed URL?

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:40 PM Nerdture <[hidden email]> wrote:
It will. In 6.1, you’ll be able to configure two services that use the same service adapter (S3) and different buckets.

Great news!  Thanks for your insight!

Re: Supporting Multiple Buckets within a service

George Claghorn-2
Yes, that’s in master, too.