Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Kishore Srinivas
I just finished the official Rails 5 blog app , and now  am looking for a good open source (rails 5) to learn more and be comfortable,which one would you highly recommend to pick up the pace ? Thank you !

Re: Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Karthikeyan A K
Try discourse or diaspora. They are great RoR apps.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Kishore Srinivas <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just finished the official Rails 5 blog app , and now  am looking for a good open source (rails 5) to learn more and be comfortable,which one would you highly recommend to pick up the pace ? Thank you !

Re: Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Chatty Maps
Hello Kishore,

I have an open source project that I could do with some help on. Have a look:

https://github.com/etewiah/property_web_builder

If you are intersted, let me know and I can guide your through some of the things that need to be done.

Cheers,

Ed

On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 8:52:23 AM UTC, Kishore Srinivas wrote:
I just finished the official Rails 5 blog app , and now  am looking for a good open source (rails 5) to learn more and be comfortable,which one would you highly recommend to pick up the pace ? Thank you !

Re: Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Philip Rhoades-2
Chatty,

On 2017-11-24 07:20, Chatty Maps wrote:
> Hello Kishore,
>
> I have an open source project that I could do with some help on. Have
> a look:
>
> https://github.com/etewiah/property_web_builder
>
> If you are intersted, let me know and I can guide your through some of
> the things that need to be done.

I am hardly a Rails expert but I am interested in this app - it could be
useful for me to use to sell building lots in my "Life Extension
village" here:

   http://lev.com.au

I will play around with the app and see how I go!

Thanks!

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Mugurel Chirica
Hello Chatty, I had a look at the project and it looks fun.

Can you tell me what kind of help do you need with the project?

Cheers.

Re: Suggestion for open source projects to learn

Chatty Maps
Hi Philip,

Should certainly fit your use case.  Have a play about and see how it goes.

If you need any help at all feel free to raise an issue on the github repo or reach out to me directly.

Cheers,

Ed

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 12:06 AM, Philip Rhoades <[hidden email]> wrote:
Chatty,