Should we auto generate index name with a hash identifier?

Should we auto generate index name with a hash identifier?

Sarun Rattanasiri
Just curious
You guys seem to prevent too long foreign key name with a hash identifier
https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/33a3f71/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/schema_statements.rb#L1322
but what about index name?
Why don't we also generate it in the same fashion?
Like this:
https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/master...MidnightWonderer:feature/auto-generated-index-name?expand=1

Related:
https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/3602