Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?

Ralph Shnelvar
Is Ruby on Rails Talk moderated?

I submitted a new topic several hours ago and it has not shown up.  I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Re: Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?

Walter Lee Davis
Not that I'm aware of. What was the subject line of your topic? Did you post by mail or using the Google Groups Web interface?

Walter

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 9:39 PM, Ralph Shnelvar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is Ruby on Rails Talk moderated?
>
> I submitted a new topic several hours ago and it has not shown up.  I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Re: Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?

Ralph Shnelvar
Re: [Rails] Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated? Walter,

Thank you for responding.

I submitted both messages through the Google Groups Web interface.  I am submitting this one via email.

Apparently, my first message
   [Rails] How to trace a html button non-event? (Rails Authorization With Pundit)
 went out at
   Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 4:17:29 PM  (Tue, 4 Jul 2017 15:17:29 -0700 (PDT))

My second message
   [Rails] Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?
 went out at
   Tuesday, July 04, 2017, 7:39:00 PM  (Tue, 4 Jul 2017 18:39:00 -0700 (PDT))

Both messages above seem to have been posted to
   "Ruby on Rails: Talk" <
rubyonrails-talk@...>
 and were received at
   7/4/2017 11:51 PM

So my first message took about 7 hours to show up and my second one (the one you responded to) seems to have taken 5 hours.

Ralph.

[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Is Ruby on Rails Talk moderated?

>> I submitted a new topic several hours ago and it has not shown up.  I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

>> --
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Ralph

Re: Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?

Frederick Cheung-2

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 12:39:29 PM UTC+1, Walter Lee Davis wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. What was the subject line of your topic? Did you post by mail or using the Google Groups Web interface?

New users are moderated - just a spam thing really. Thereafter you're "approved" and subsequent messages should appear without delay.

Fred

Walter

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 9:39 PM, Ralph Shnelvar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is Ruby on Rails Talk moderated?
>
> I submitted a new topic several hours ago and it has not shown up.  I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

Re: Ruby on Rails Talk: Moderated?

Karthikeyan A K
I would be very careful about Ruby groups because of my personal experience. I am in Chennai, India and I  was thrown out of ChennaiRb and BangloreRb because a discussion that erupted about my book "I Love Ruby" and there was prejudice.

Lets say one claims to be democratic, then it means one has vowed to listen or ignore to what ever is thrown at him. But there are lot of control freaks, young in biological age but old in thought out there. Their brains are so locked you would be wasting your time protesting them.

The good thing is that the world is big and there are lot of choices. If not Rails then Phoenix ;) If you are thrown out, then join the group with a girls profile, you would be worshipped like God and would satisfy people who are worried about gender bias in tech.