Re: PROPOSAL: The list needs to fork (desperately).

Re: PROPOSAL: The list needs to fork (desperately).

Michael Glaesemann

On Dec 11, 2005, at 11:20 , List Recv wrote:

> PROPOSED SOLUTION:
> Fork the list into three new lists:
> * Rails-Beginners.  For questions and answers on how to use Rails.  No
> "read the docs, fool!" here.
> * Rails-Users. For users who are already proficient, and want to
> discuss
> particular topics.  Example topics include  application design advice,
> optimization, security, plug ins, and best practices.
> * Rails-Hackers.  For people writing extensions and plug ins to rails.
> Things like localization, selenium integration, acts_as_*, and the
> like.

+1, though I think Rails-Beginners and Rails-Users would be enough.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: PROPOSAL: The list needs to fork (desperately).

Lorenzo Bolognini
List Recv wrote:

> PROPOSED SOLUTION:
> Fork the list into three new lists:
> * Rails-Beginners.  For questions and answers on how to use Rails.  No
> "read the docs, fool!" here.
> * Rails-Users. For users who are already proficient, and want to discuss
> particular topics.  Example topics include  application design advice,
> optimization, security, plug ins, and best practices.
> * Rails-Hackers.  For people writing extensions and plug ins to rails.
> Things like localization, selenium integration, acts_as_*, and the like.

Whatever u do please create a mirror of the lists on google groups.

Lorenzo