Quantcast

Rails migration timestamp file format

Landon Schropp
It's my first time posting here, so please let me know if there's a better way to communicate with you guys.

I've always found the timestamp in Rails' migration filenames to be a bit difficult to read. For example, I generated this migration file today:

20170501211416_add_users.rb

When you get a folder full of these files, it can be a big difficult to visually navigate them. It would be great if the ISO 8601 formatting were left in place:

2017-05-01T21:14:16_add_users.rb

Barring that, any delimiter would be helpful in reading these files:

2017.05.01.21.14.16_add_users.rb
2017_05_01_21_14_16_add_users.rb

Thanks for the consideration!