Rails Plugins

rohit mehra
Hi
i just got to plugin development, hav to develop a plugin for a model ,
in which i m using object from another model as well as cart .

i saw some basic example for plugins , trying to do with them
can anybody help with some detailed code for plugins developed, or some
good examples ?

thanks in advance

Re: Rails Plugins

Cody Fauser
Rohit,

Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
of current plugins.

Cody

On 12/16/05, rohit mehra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> i just got to plugin development, hav to develop a plugin for a model ,
> in which i m using object from another model as well as cart .
>
> i saw some basic example for plugins , trying to do with them
> can anybody help with some detailed code for plugins developed, or some
> good examples ?
>
> thanks in advance

http://www.codyfauser.com

Re: Rails Plugins

rohit mehra
Cody Fauser wrote:
> Rohit,
>
> Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
> of current plugins.
>
> Cody

Thanks cody

i have one more question:
what if my code (i want to make plugin for), contains call to some other
tables, getting data from them as per need?
How may i assure that user have some table like that, or i implement the
code in similar tables?

hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
models & views, should i go that way?
is that only way?

or should i opt for Engines?

i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
really thanks

Re: Re: Rails Plugins

Rick Olson
> hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
> i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
> models & views, should i go that way?
> is that only way?
>
> or should i opt for Engines?
>
> i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
> really thanks

It depends on your needs.  I wrote acts_as_authenticated with the
assumption you're going to take it and run with it for your own
nefarious purposes.  I find a generator is best for that.  If you look
at acts_as_authenticated, you'll see that it uses generators to write
out migration scripts.  Just add a note in your README to run your
migration generator first.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net