I'd like to propose run RuboCop at https://github.com/rails/rails using GitHub Actions.
As of right now, RuboCop is running using Code Climate. Here are some restrictions:
* Need to wait for newer channel like `channel: rubocop-0-74` available at Code Climate
* `rubocop-0-74` locks RuboCop Performance and RuboCop Rails versions to somewhat lower versions
* Code Climate runs for pull requests but not for direct push push
With GitHub Actions I think we can unlock these restrictions:
* Just updating Gemfile and Gemfile.lock to decide which RuboCop, RuboCop Performance and RuboCop Rails versions to run
* Runs for both direct push and pull requests
I have enabled GitHub Actions to run RuboCop for Oracle enhanced adapter https://github.com/rsim/oracle-enhanced/pull/1925
and it has been working fine. Also, I have opened a PoC pull request to my forked repository https://github.com/yahonda/rails/pull/2 , which looks good to me.
Let me know your thoughts for my proposal.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Core" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-core/c646f0c5-abee-4c7c-b825-beae7aa2d5ac%40googlegroups.com.