Problems setting Cruisecontrolrb

masterbloger
What does this point in Cruisecontrolrb prerequisites means?
The Ruby executable and the associated executable for which SCM you are using must both be in your PATH.
And how to provide it?
Thanks!

Re: Problems setting Cruisecontrolrb

Brian Guthrie-3
Hi Masterbloger,

Unix (and Windows) systems use a PATH environment variable to store
the list of directories that the OS should search for a command that
you'd like to execute. Basically, if you open up a terminal and try to
execute "ruby" or "git" but fail to do so, you need to make sure that
the directories that contain those executables are part of your PATH.

More importantly, you need to make sure that whatever user (or
process) you're using to run CC.rb also has those directories in its
PATH environment variable.

If you can open up a terminal and execute these commands, you probably
don't need to worry about this. Are you having trouble running CC.rb?
If so, please direct your question to the cruisecontrolrb-users
mailing list, and we'll do our best to answer it there.

Cheers,

Brian

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM, masterbloger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What does this point in Cruisecontrolrb prerequisites means?
> The Ruby executable and the associated executable for which SCM you are
> using must both be in your PATH.
> And how to provide it?
> Thanks!

Re: Problems setting Cruisecontrolrb

masterbloger
Ok. I describe problems with running CC.rb here:
http://old.nabble.com/Problems-setting-Cruisecontrolrb-to31644537.html

Brian Guthrie-3 wrote