JRuby and Wicket

Mike Pence
Hey guys,

As a hobby project, I would like to figure out what it takes to get JRuby and Wicket to play together. It has been almost a decade since my Enterprise Java days, so I am not up to speed with all of the tooling.

My IDE of choice is RubyMine/IntelliJ, but I don't think that matters. What I need to figure out is how to make a Java project that includes JRuby, Wicket, and bonus points for ActiveRecord with the ability to add gems, etc. I am thinking that I could coddle together the Maven artifacts (terminology?) for that?

Best,
Mike Pence

Re: JRuby and Wicket

christian

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Mike Pence <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am thinking that I could coddle together the Maven artifacts (terminology?) for that?

not sure whether I understood your question ! but maybe the answer is to use https://github.com/torquebox/jruby-maven-plugins/

-christian

Re: JRuby and Wicket

keithrbennett
Mike -

What exactly do you want to implement in Ruby and what in Java in that app?  Do you just want to write a JRuby app that uses Wicket?  Or is there other stuff that will be in Java?

- Keith

Mike Pence

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Mike Pence <[hidden email]> wrote:
using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup

the the jruby-maven-plugins are the right thing for you - let me know if you need more help with them.

-christian

Re: JRuby and Wicket

Mike Pence
A recommendation for a tutorial on setting up Torquebox and Rails?
--
Mike Pence
Sarasota, FL

On September 26, 2013 at 12:40:42 PM, christian ([hidden email]) wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Mike Pence <[hidden email]> wrote:
using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup

the the jruby-maven-plugins are the right thing for you - let me know if you need more help with them.

-christian

Re: JRuby and Wicket

keithrbennett
> A recommendation for a tutorial on setting up Torquebox and Rails?

Is this for the same project?  I thought you're using Wicket for the web stuff...or are you using Rails for ActiveRecord, etc.?

- Keith

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Mike Pence <[hidden email]> wrote:
A recommendation for a tutorial on setting up Torquebox and Rails?
--
Mike Pence
Sarasota, FL

On September 26, 2013 at 12:40:42 PM, christian ([hidden email]) wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Mike Pence <[hidden email]> wrote:
using Maven or whatever, that would be like my dream setup

the the jruby-maven-plugins are the right thing for you - let me know if you need more help with them.

-christian

Re: JRuby and Wicket

Mike Pence
Yes, parts of Rails for ActiveRecord and such, but Wicket for the web stuff -- at least, that is my plan.