Interactive `rails new`

Viktor Fonic
Hi,

Every time I run `rails new`, I need to pull out the command I use (and maybe even the template as well). The command I currently use looks like this:
$ rails new magic --database=postgresql --skip-coffee --skip-turbolinks --skip-test --skip-system-test --webpack=react

On the other hand (and I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here), here's what happens when I run `npm init`:
$ npm init
This utility will walk you through creating a package.json file.
It only covers the most common items, and tries to guess sensible defaults.

See `npm help json` for definitive documentation on these fields
and exactly what they do.

Use `npm install <pkg>` afterwards to install a package and
save it as a dependency in the package.json file.

Press ^C at any time to quit.
package name: (asd)
version: (1.0.0)
entry point: (index.js)
test command:
git repository:
keywords:
author:
license: (ISC)
About to write to /Users/vfonic/Developer/javascript/asd/package.json:

{
  "name": "asd",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
  },
  "author": "",
  "license": "ISC"
}

Is this OK? (yes)

Bold are prompts, with sensible defaults in the (brackets).

Wouldn't it be great if rails had something similar? Imagine gems attaching directly to the `rails new` and immediately installing and setting up even before you `cd` to your app! If not, at least I'll be able to skip all the flags I want to skip, by going through the interactive `rails new`.

If you prefer the simplicity of `rails new` and would like to keep it, we could add a single "Y/n" prompt before all the others:
Create new app with sensible defaults Y/n:

What do you think?