Installing rails on Android phone - is GNURoot Debion a good option

Installing rails on Android phone - is GNURoot Debion a good option

Ben Edwards
I have an old HTC m9 with a slightly busted screen and I want to use it as a rails test server.  I installed GNURoot Debian which gave me an almost full Linux system running within Android but it does not support users, everything is run as root.    So was wondering if it was OK to run rails as root and if not has anybody got any advice about a better way to install Linux/rails on an n Android phone?