How to start contributing to the Rails code?

How to start contributing to the Rails code?

Lucas Oshiro
Hello,

My name is Lucas, and I'm an undergraduate Computer Science student at University of São Paulo, in Brazil. This semester, I am studying Free Software Development, and I need to choose a free software project and contribute to its development, and I've chosen Rails, because I have some experience developing web services with it.

I would like to know how can I start to contribute, if there are issues that are tagged as "for beginners", or if there's another way to beginners start contributing to the source code.

Thanks.

Re: How to start contributing to the Rails code?

Mugurel Chirica
First try: https://github.com/rails/rails/labels/good-first-patch

If you can't find anything to contribute to Rails (since it's a very complex project), try and look for another OS software to contribute to.

Try this: https://github.com/MunGell/awesome-for-beginners

Good luck with your task!