Fixing ActiveSupport Time#to_json date formatting

R K

Fixing ActiveSupport Time#to_json date formatting

R K
Hi - This is in regards to this issue https://github.com/rails/rails/issues/34315. I would like to fix the date format returned by the activesupport to_json format when use_standard_json_format is false.
 But im afraid that it will break the functionality for people who are using this feature since this involves a format change.

I need to know the right way to go about this fix and the  principles in general that need to be followed when making such fixes.

Thanks
Raghu Kamat