[Feature] secrets.yml/credentials.yml.enc automatically in .gitignore

[Feature] secrets.yml/credentials.yml.enc automatically in .gitignore

Jennifer Parsons
Hi all,

I'm new so please forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I noticed that `rails new` generates a .gitignore, but secrets.yml is not automatically added to it. I found this confusing and fortunately didn't add anything sensitive before I pushed my code up to git, but easily could have done so as a newcomer.

I see that credentials.yml.enc is coming in 5.2 and don't know if that changes the situation or not, but if not, it's something I propose as a change.

Would be interested to hear thoughts on why this isn't done be default already.

Thanks!