Equivalent "sunset policy" for Ruby?

Walter Lee Davis
Rails has a very concise policy for which versions of the framework are supported: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/maintenance_policy.html

Can anyone point me to an equivalent statement for the Ruby language itself? I know when I install an elderly Ruby using RVM, that system will warn me: "You realize this is really old, and takes seven patches and a Hail Mary to compile on your modern OS, right?" But having searched through the https://ruby-lang.org site and the ruby/ruby repo at GitHub, I don't see anything that spells out which versions are "supported" or "considered harmful".

Is there such a thing?

Thanks in advance,

Walter

Re: Equivalent "sunset policy" for Ruby?

Mugurel Chirica

Re: Equivalent "sunset policy" for Ruby?

Walter Lee Davis
That was exactly what I needed. Thanks.

Walter