Contribute to rails engine and generators documentation

Contribute to rails engine and generators documentation

Kadu Diógenes
Hi,

I would like to contribute with rails engine and generators documentation. I'm writing my first gem and I'm struggling a bit with theses.

I think it lacks more examples and context for areas like: What methods my generator needs? Are there any conventions?  My generator, generated by rails g, needs an argument, how do I get rid off it? What can I do during gem initialization? How to use some Rails internal features, like code reload? And give more informations how the engine initialization works.

I can answer these questions shallowly and without much background. I'm a rails programmer that sometimes read some rails code, so I would like to hear any advice for this trail. I would also love indications of free materials (I already spend my buckets for books for the next month :/) and, of course, response for my questions :)

Thanks in advance!
Kadu