ApplicationController not executed in Rails 5 ?

ApplicationController not executed in Rails 5 ?

TechTalkJoe
hello

i just got started with rails recently,

I'm trying to port code that runs with Rails 4 and Rails 4.2 to Rails 5

The application_controller.rb file doesn't seem to be executing in Rails 5, automatically, as it does in 4.2

Is there some type of config default that has changed?  Been reading the "what's new" and am not finding anything about ApplicationController

thanks in advance.