[Advice required] ActionCable good enough for realtime apps?

[Advice required] ActionCable good enough for realtime apps?

Taha Rushain
Hello, Folks! I need some advice. I need to create a web app and an android app, and for my project, I want to use Ruby on Rails as the backend but I need to use real-time communication between the client (android & web) and database, the way firebase does it. ActionCable could be used to provide the realtime feature but I'm not sure if it could be said about the android app as well as if I would be able to call the same Rails APIs calls from native android code with real-time updates.

So, am I better off using Firebase as a whole or is there a way to utilize such features with similar power in Rails. Any expert advice?